Friday, March 19, 2010

Another Meal of Ravioli

I have been on a ravioli kick lately. The Turkish Raviolis I had made a couple weeks ago inspired me to look up some older ravioli recipes that used to be favorites but that I hadn't used for a long time. Last Sunday, I made sweet potato raviolis from this Marcella Hazan cookbook



The filling consisted of roasted sweet potatoes, grated parmigiano-reggiano, chopped prosciutto, nutmeg and crushed amarreti cookies and egg. The sauce was caramelized butter with fried sage and more parmigiano-reggiano.



The wine was a 2005 Carbenet Sauvignon from Brander Vineyard in the Santa Ynez Valley. We bought the wine there during a visit in 2006, which we remember fondly because Huxley Beagle accompanied us, lying strategically in the sun while we picnicked at the Vineyard.

For dessert, we had an olive oil cake, made from a recipe in the same cookbook and paired with some nice Madeira.



I wonder what my next ravioli project is going to be...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i seriously want to eat all this food. How do you find the time? And i want that olive oil cake recipe!